SEPA Pre-Submission Webinar – Week of June 12th
SEPA Pre-Submission Webinar to be hosted the week of June 12
Information will be posted on this page in early June.
NIH Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) (R25 – Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) Number (PAR-23-137)
PAR-23-137 SEPA supports two types of projects:
(1) classroom-based projects for pre-kindergarten to grade 12 (pre-college) students and teachers and
(2) informal science education (ISE) projects conducted in outside-the-classroom venues such as science centers, museums and libraries.
Projects that support quantitative and computational skills development are strongly encouraged.
A SEPA project may focus on one or more of the following activities centered on any discipline of health research within NIH’s mission:
- Courses for Skills Development: Courses in a specific discipline or research area that extend the STEM content normally taught in schools.
- Research Experiences: Hands-on exposure to research for pre-college students and teachers.
- Mentoring Activities: Provide participants with a perspective on the biomedical research training pathways and tools for overcoming challenges, navigating career transition points, and successfully transitioning into careers in the biomedical research workforce.
- Curriculum or Methods Development: STEM education resources to improve biomedical, behavioral or clinical science education, or develop novel instructional approaches or computer-based educational tools.
- Outreach: Dissemination of STEM education resources or biomedical, behavioral and clinical research findings to students, teachers and the general public.
Examples of SEPA projects can be found at https://nihsepa.org/projects/year/
Application Receipt Date: July 14, 2023
Visit this link for detailed information about PAR-23-137.