Dixon, Jocelyn
Primary Institution:
North Carolina State University
Department:
Food-based Early Education (FEEd) Lab
Position(s):
Assistant Director
Current SEPA Project

I serve as the Assistant Director on the project, More PEAS Please! In this role, I assist in overseeing qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, team management, stakeholder engagement and quality control. I have worked with the Principal Investigator of this project, Virginia Stage, Phd, RDN, LDN, in the field of nutrition and early childhood research since 2016. My expertise is in the areas of project management, stakeholder engagement and data collection, including both quantitative and qualitative methods. My research has focused in the areas of early childhood nutrition and nutrition education, as well as skin carotenoid status of young children. I have been extensively involved in the implementation of the teacher intervention, teacher and child data collection, and analysis and publication processes of our data. As a researcher, I am committed to dissemination of our work and have presented at 12 conferences and speaking engagements over the last three years and have been awarded over 6 different awards by highly respected peer-reviewed journals in our field. Of note, some publications are under my maiden name, Jocelyn Bayles. My education includes a Master of Public Health and a Master of Nutrition Science.